Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Romans

A couple months ago, I went to Target with my son, who spotted this super cool gold Romanesque looking headband. I can't remember exactly how much it was but it was around $15, and because I'm cheap, I let him play with it while I shopped around. During that trip, I kinda fell in love with it and bought it, with the excuse that I would make my son a Roman for Halloween so I'd get some good use out of it. So here's my cute little boy with his little Roman baby sister. Doesn't he look thrilled?!


Now, I'm no seamstress, but these costumes were super easy! I didn't even use a pattern, I just eyeballed it.  I bought a two pack of pillowcases at Target and that was more than enough fabric for both costumes. The ribbon, gold rope, trim on my daughter's costume, and little gold thing for her bow cost maybe $10, and the sword was $5 at party warehouse. The pillowcases were $5, and the red sash was scrap fabric I found in my garage (well, it was an old tablecloth that I never ever use). Halloween costumes are expensive, and usually too thick and hot for October in Florida. So don't be afraid to make your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment